GI match

Started by june015b
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

june015b

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How was the GI match this year? I heard that GI match was in much favor of applicants this year. Did find it easier to get into GI than previous years (where they had out-of-match-system)? Was the match successful for you?
 
My understanding is that the match was a success. For me personally-I matched at my first choice. 😀

Our GI fellowship program director told me that about 100 programs participated (there are roughly 150 programs total) and there was only ONE clinical fellowship position open in the entire match. Amazingly, the unfilled spot was at Stanford of all places. I guess they didn't rank enough applicants.

You are correct, the match does favor the applicant, because applicants are not coerced into taking a position out of fear that they may not get one.

Crypt