GI partnership

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GassiusClay

PGY-2
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can any recent grads describe the current GI job market or maybe what it has been for awhile? How are the partnership tracks? Cutthroat? I ask because my friend's husband is looking to get a GI job soon, and I am interested in GI and nephro.
 
Can any recent grads describe the current GI job market or maybe what it has been for awhile? How are the partnership tracks? Cutthroat? I ask because my friend's husband is looking to get a GI job soon, and I am interested in GI and nephro.

No rules and highly variable by geography but...most places have a 2-3 year partnership track and if they own an endoscopy center, usually a buy-in equal to 2 years of typical earnings. Plenty of jobs out there at the moment.