GI vs. urology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

remote

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey so any thoughts on GI vs. uro, in terms of lifestyle, compensation, demand, variety in the field, etc??? i find myself prob. leaning towards uro at this point only b/c i don't have to go through an internal medicine residency and then try to do my best there and still worry about getting into GI...but not sure if this is a good enough reason.

Members don't see this ad.

hey so any thoughts on GI vs. uro, in terms of lifestyle, compensation, demand, variety in the field, etc??? i find myself prob. leaning towards uro at this point only b/c i don't have to go through an internal medicine residency and then try to do my best there and still worry about getting into GI...but not sure if this is a good enough reason.

If you're competitive enough for urology, you're probably competitive enough for GI (unless you massively F up during residency). On the flip side, if you're worried that you're not competitive enough for GI, you're probably not getting a Uro spot.

Choose the one you like.

they pay about the same. do you want to be a surgeon or not. after you answer that q its easy