Gifts for 6th Year Pharmacy Students

Started by Sparda29
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

So yeah, they're doing a Secret Santa thing at one of the stores I work at and I gotta give a gift to a 6th year intern.

I think the limit is $15-25, do you guys think a compounding tool set would be good?


lol if theyre a 6th year intern, perhaps a copy of dipiro would keep them from failing again.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yep, and some retail chains count pre pharmacy people interns too, so a 4th year would be classified as a 6th year


but theres nothing funny about that.


there's no logic to your statements?


why do you think he failed if he's a 6th year intern?
 
there's no logic to your statements?


why do you think he failed if he's a 6th year intern?

because most people would think of pharmacy as a 4 year program, so i pretended not to know of situations where someone would be considered a 6th year intern to imply that the posters friend had failed 2 years.

I then suggested a gift of a widely regarded handbook of pharmacotherapy to remediate the poster's friend's repeated failures of their last year.

In the 2 seconds I thought about it before posting, I found it slightly funny.

Judging by the fact that this is my 2nd post explaining my joke, I guess I was mistaken.

Jesus, I need to go out for a bit.....
 
So yeah, they're doing a Secret Santa thing at one of the stores I work at and I gotta give a gift to a 6th year intern.

I think the limit is $15-25, do you guys think a compounding tool set would be good?

No. Most grads prefer their own compounding tool set since they are used to it. (For people who dont practice in NYS, we have to take a compounding exam before we are licensed. . . ). Not to mention, your 6th year intern might be taking the test in Janurary. If that is the case, i think they are pretty much set on the one they want to use.

If it is a guy, a nice tie is always welcomed.
If it is a girl, get a bath robe or something.

A nice heavy pen is always appropiate or the comprehensive pharmacy review book.

You can also customize certain presents from Staples. For example, I got my SP a customized magnetic silver name tag (for about 20ish). He loved it.