Gifts for Graduating Optometrist

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MrRedstripe

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello--my wife is graduating with her OD next month. I have searched online, including this forum, for graduation ideas, and haven't had much success.

I would appreciate graduation gift ideas, especially from docs or almost-docs. I was hoping to find something that is specific to her industry, and less than $500.

Ideas I've seen so far include pens (the perennial favorite), leather prescription pads (but I don't know what size she may use? or if they are used much at all?), and office knick knacks (but we're not sure that her job will have an office).

Any guidance would be appreciated.
 
Hello--my wife is graduating with her OD next month. I have searched online, including this forum, for graduation ideas, and haven't had much success.

I would appreciate graduation gift ideas, especially from docs or almost-docs. I was hoping to find something that is specific to her industry, and less than $500.

Ideas I've seen so far include pens (the perennial favorite), leather prescription pads (but I don't know what size she may use? or if they are used much at all?), and office knick knacks (but we're not sure that her job will have an office).

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Well, I was going to suggest cash but if she's your wife I guess that's a bit tacky. 😀

I'm trying to recall my own situation.....I don't think I would have really needed or wanted anything specific to the industry. For a graduation gift, I'd rather have a weekend away or something NON-eye related.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you want something related to her field, consider clinic jackets with Dr. Jones embroided on it.

There are a million to choose from, but female docs prefer the fitted coats that a tailored for women instead of the generic unisex coat.

Things to personalize her exam room are a good option as well.

Flowers right after the grad ceremony is a can't miss.
 
I second KHE with something non-optometry related. That is the last thing I would want when I graduated. Give her something fun that she has always wanted or a nice vacation.
 
I second KHE with something non-optometry related. That is the last thing I would want when I graduated. Give her something fun that she has always wanted or a nice vacation.

Get her a good desk reference book and with the rest treat her to a nice spa day!