Giving vaccines during pandemic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Wario

Hey you! Want to try this pill?
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I wanted to see what other's here were doing in regards to giving vaccines during the current situation. Have you been giving them all along, or will soon considering loosening restrictions? My state's board came put out a publication that said they recommended giving only essential vaccines or if you need to be in close proximity to the patient for another essential reason.

As far as I can tell, my company has said that we should still continue to give vaccines but have not pushed the issue strongly as of yet (though I suspect the hammer will come down soon).

Members don't see this ad.

I give them if they are necessary. I won't give a second shingles shot of they have 4 more months in the window. I gave a Tdap ysterday to a man whose wife is due to give birth in the next 2 weeks. we got all of the paperwork ready. I send him to the chairs and I said when I come over, be masked and DON'T TALK AT ALL.

Reactions: 1 users
I haven't been offering vaccines but I will give them if requested.

I got an email within the last couple of days from my DM about setting up flu clinics so it looks like we're planning on going forward as normal there...

Sent from my HD1925 using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
So I wanted to see what other's here were doing in regards to giving vaccines during the current situation. Have you been giving them all along, or will soon considering loosening restrictions? My state's board came put out a publication that said they recommended giving only essential vaccines or if you need to be in close proximity to the patient for another essential reason.

As far as I can tell, my company has said that we should still continue to give vaccines but have not pushed the issue strongly as of yet (though I suspect the hammer will come down soon).
Eh I'm sure chains won't care about anything as long as you make them money lol

As far as giving vaccines, unless the patients were asking for the flu vaccine because they thought it would protect them from covid19, I've given other vaccines just like I have before. I ain't no snowflake. I do my job. :cigar::banana:

Reactions: 1 user
I’ll administer it if they are physically in the store and are wearing a mask

If people ask if they can come in for a vaccine, I’ll advise them to wait

I will administer any vaccine if patient comes and requests it. I also call people to remind them about their 2nd dose of shingrix if they are close on 6 month window.

We aren’t actively promoting vaccines. Only time I would deny someone vaccine is if they are severely coughing/ sneezing or look completely sick; luckily this hasn’t happened yet.

Reactions: 1 user
I'll try my best to persuade them to wait; tell them of all risks and that I cant do social distancing while giving vaccine which puts me and them at risk, and I tell them we'll have these same vaccine when this is over no need to rush. If they give an urgent reason why they need it now I'll usually give then.