Global Medical Training (GMT) Mission Trips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tastybeef

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gone on a medical mission trip through this organization? The website seems fishy, but the pictures seem legit. So, I looked on the web some more about the organization. To my surprise, there have been past participants from my school, albeit a spelling error as "UCA Berkeley." I combed through my school website, but was unable to find any information on GMT.

I looked through the forum on this organization and came across 2 similar thread with no answers. I am quite paranoid about being scammed and being shipped off to a foreign country with a little-known organization.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I went on a trip last summer. It was incredible! I would have been a little hesitant to send a $1500 check also, but I had 2 friends who had been on the trip (more than one time each). I am thinking about going on another trip.

It is very student/learning oriented. Great opportunity to learn something about clinical medicine, improve your Spanish, gain exposure to very different cultures, and meet some great people along the way. I would highly suggest GMT. If you want to PM me, please feel free.