Global Medical Training (GMT) Mission Trips

Started by tastybeef
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tastybeef

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone gone on a medical mission trip through this organization? The website seems fishy, but the pictures seem legit. So, I looked on the web some more about the organization. To my surprise, there have been past participants from my school, albeit a spelling error as "UCA Berkeley." I combed through my school website, but was unable to find any information on GMT.

I looked through the forum on this organization and came across 2 similar thread with no answers. I am quite paranoid about being scammed and being shipped off to a foreign country with a little-known organization.

Thanks
 
Last edited:
I went on a trip last summer. It was incredible! I would have been a little hesitant to send a $1500 check also, but I had 2 friends who had been on the trip (more than one time each). I am thinking about going on another trip.

It is very student/learning oriented. Great opportunity to learn something about clinical medicine, improve your Spanish, gain exposure to very different cultures, and meet some great people along the way. I would highly suggest GMT. If you want to PM me, please feel free.