Global Mental Health - PhD programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

superglobal

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I'm hoping to find people currently enrolled in Global Mental Health PhD programs anywhere on the globe. I want to get a sense of the kind of experiences they've had within the program and the balance of cross-cultural perspectives within. On a more logistical note:

A sense of how applications are reviewed and received
Funding within the program
A comparison of GMH approaches and programs.

If not GMH, what would be equally appropriate program choices for a person with work and research experience in community/global mental health as well as trauma? (I work as a clinical psychologist in India.)
 
It depends on what you want to do with your training. You might consider a public health or public policy degree as an alternative to a psychology PhD.

I would suggest taking a look at the American Psychological Association's International Psychology division (Division 52 International - Home).