glycolysis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KeepCalm11

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
are we suppose to memorize all the reaction net equation or just know the product, what' generally happening in each step of aerobic/anerobic glycolysis?

Members don't see this ad.

are we suppose to memorize all the reaction net equation or just know the product, what' generally happening in each step of aerobic/anerobic glycolysis?

i'd recommend knowing the net reaction for glycolysis. on my MCAT they had a discrete question testing whether I knew the reactants and products of glucose metabolism.

shoot for understanding the big picture of metabolism and what's effected if the system is tweaked (ie anaerobic vs aerobic, uncoupling protein in ETC, etc.)

i'd recommend knowing the net reaction for glycolysis. on my MCAT they had a discrete question testing whether I knew the reactants and products of glucose metabolism.

shoot for understanding the big picture of metabolism and what's effected if the system is tweaked (ie anaerobic vs aerobic, uncoupling protein in ETC, etc.)

By uncoupling protein in ETC do you mean Proteins that uncouple the [H+] and ATP synthesis? Or something else?

By uncoupling protein in ETC do you mean Proteins that uncouple the [H+] and ATP synthesis? Or something else?

yes, an uncoupling protein will dissipate the H+ gradient and thus severely hinder the ability to make ATP. a common example that comes to mind is thermogenin in brown fat