GME notification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mirror Form

Thyroid Storm
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year during FYGME we were notified by the medical education website being updated. Although, there doesn't seem to be any area on the gme version of the website for that. Also the FAQ doesn't mention a word about how we'll be notified of results (unless I'm blind, which is quite possible). Does anybody know how and when the results will be made available?

Members don't see this ad.

Sledge2005 said:
Last year during FYGME we were notified by the medical education website being updated. Although, there doesn't seem to be any area on the gme version of the website for that. Also the FAQ doesn't mention a word about how we'll be notified of results (unless I'm blind, which is quite possible). Does anybody know how and when the results will be made available?

It's on there under the 'match' link of the 'records'. I think it's explained on the LOI under section 3.b.9.

Army has said officially that December 15th is the day, but an AF buddy of mine said they find out the 14th. I wouldn't see why it would be different between the services, but ????

Edited to say that I assume they'll notify about FYGME with continuous contracts the same way as they will about GME.

colbgw02 said:
It's on there under the 'match' link of the 'records'. I think it's explained on the LOI under section 3.b.9.

Army has said officially that December 15th is the day, but an AF buddy of mine said they find out the 14th. I wouldn't see why it would be different between the services, but ????

Edited to say that I assume they'll notify about FYGME with continuous contracts the same way as they will about GME.

Are you referring to FYGME? My question was in regard to GME. I don't think the medical education site has a "match" link for gme. Although, the website was previously screwed up so maybe it's just happening again.

Members don't see this ad :)
colbgw02 said:

Last year the AF posted the results a little after midnight on the 15th, Army officially posted at noon. Not sure about Navy.

dtn3t said:
Last year the AF posted the results a little after midnight on the 15th, Army officially posted at noon. Not sure about Navy.

LAST year, Navy GME results were posted on Dec 15 at noon.

This year, Navy GME results are projected to be posted on Dec 14 at noon.

SO who knows when the Army is releasing its GME results? - There are a few GMO's (me included) who really would like to know so thay can plan their PCS moves. Let us hope that it is sooner rather than later- the suspense is starting to irritate me.

hosskp1 said:
SO who knows when the Army is releasing its GME results? - There are a few GMO's (me included) who really would like to know so thay can plan their PCS moves. Let us hope that it is sooner rather than later- the suspense is starting to irritate me.

I spoke with my gme office and they said that the info would be released to them by phone on the 14th, and then we had to talk to our program directors to get the results. It's annoying that they make us wait for two weeks after the decision is made.

Oh well, so you're a gmo? BTW, where would you say the best places to do gmo's are? A lot of people tell me korea is great, whereas others say it's the worst place on earth.

Sledge2005 said:
I spoke with my gme office and they said that the info would be released to them by phone on the 14th, and then we had to talk to our program directors to get the results. It's annoying that they make us wait for two weeks after the decision is made.

Oh well, so you're a gmo? BTW, where would you say the best places to do gmo's are? A lot of people tell me korea is great, whereas others say it's the worst place on earth.

Are you Army or AF? I thought for Army that we check the MODS website at noon on 12/15. Who did you speak with at GME? Are we supposed to contact the PD's? That doesn't sound right from what I have been hearing. Please let us know more about this. Thanks!

warriordoc said:
Are you Army or AF? I thought for Army that we check the MODS website at noon on 12/15. Who did you speak with at GME? Are we supposed to contact the PD's? That doesn't sound right from what I have been hearing. Please let us know more about this. Thanks!

Please clarify if you're referring to FYGME or GME. They're different. Your information is correct for FYGME, as anybody who can read knows from the info sheet on the FYGME web page. However, GME's web page has no such info sheet. I received that information from my program's gme office.

Sledge2005 said:
Please clarify if you're referring to FYGME or GME. They're different. Your information is correct for FYGME, as anybody who can read knows from the info sheet on the FYGME web page. However, GME's web page has no such info sheet. I received that information from my program's gme office.
Dude,
Not sure what the attitude is all about but you still didn't answer my question. Do we or do we not need to contact the PD's about the match on 12/15? Who did you speak with that said we needed to contact the PD's? What is the difference between FYGME and GME? Aren't they the same office? Last time I checked, we were all in this together, not fighting against each other! Obviously I can read. What's the hostility all about?!

warriordoc said:
Dude,
Not sure what the attitude is all about but you still didn't answer my question. Do we or do we not need to contact the PD's about the match on 12/15? Who did you speak with that said we needed to contact the PD's? What is the difference between FYGME and GME? Aren't they the same office? Last time I checked, we were all in this together, not fighting against each other! Obviously I can read. What's the hostility all about?!

FYGME is what 4th year med students apply to. People who are GMO's and current interns apply to GME. They're very similiar but have a few differences in the application website, procedures, etc. Sorry if I came across as rude, but I already pointed out that they were different just a couple posts up in this same thread after somebody else made the same mistake as you, which is why your post seemed irritating.

Sledge2005 said:

Well the only thing we know for sure is that we are supposed to find out on either the 14th or 15th of December. I really hope I do not have to call the program directors- it might be wierd if I am not going to that specific program. Personally- I probably will not call and hope that I get notified by e-mail or though the website. My problem is that if the decision has been made- please send us notification ASAP. There are a bunch of GMO's (like me) out there who really need to know so they can plan their next moves. I am getting nervous about the final decision- Where am I going?? To me- it is the difference between Tripler and Walter Reed.

hosskp1 said:
Well the only thing we know for sure is that we are supposed to find out on either the 14th or 15th of December. I really hope I do not have to call the program directors- it might be wierd if I am not going to that specific program. Personally- I probably will not call and hope that I get notified by e-mail or though the website. My problem is that if the decision has been made- please send us notification ASAP. There are a bunch of GMO's (like me) out there who really need to know so they can plan their next moves. I am getting nervous about the final decision- Where am I going?? To me- it is the difference between Tripler and Walter Reed.

I'm an intern, and by program director I was referring to my current GME program director at the internship I'm working at. So don't worry, you don't have to call the PD's of the programs you're applying to.

A friend of mine and I noticed that both of our packets were downloaded by Tripler the day after the decision was made (Dec. 1). Think it means anything?

kedhegard said:
A friend of mine and I noticed that both of our packets were downloaded by Tripler the day after the decision was made (Dec. 1). Think it means anything?

I can't say for sure but it sure does look suspicious, were you going for tripler? BTW, how do you tell if your packet was downloaded??

On a totally different topic, I spoke to my program's PD and it turns out that the lady I spoke to in my GME office was wrong on a few points. It's definitely 12/15 for the army's gme program. Also, while we will be able to get the info from our PD's like she told me, the website is supposed to be updated in a fashion similar to that of the FYGME website.

Does anyone know if there's any thruth to this? I saw this on another website and like everyone else I'm just passing the time until match day...

"Posted on Sunday, December 5, 2004 - 2:38 pm:
------
Hey everybody, I'm a fourth year med student...awaiting the results of the military match, which were decided last week. The official results aren't posted until the 15th, but I've heard through word of mouth that if we hadn't received a phone call by the end of last week, then that means we matched "somewhere" on our rank list. Does anybody know if this is true?"

Thomas90 said:
Does anyone know if there's any thruth to this? I saw this on another website and like everyone else I'm just passing the time until match day...

------
Hey everybody, I'm a fourth year med student...awaiting the results of the military match, which were decided last week. The official results aren't posted until the 15th, but I've heard through word of mouth that if we hadn't received a phone call by the end of last week, then that means we matched "somewhere" on our rank list. Does anybody know if this is true?"

I think I've heard that before, but I can't tell for sure if it's true or not. One of my friends didn't match in the AF last year, I'll ask her if she received a phone call.

Does the same apply for GME results? I know for FYGME they will call you if you haven't matched, but do they call you if you are an intern or GMO who didn't match in the GME selection??

Thomas90 said:

------

One of my friends is in Air Force and did not match in FYGME last year. She says that she didn't receive a phone call, but had to find out on the 15th via the webpage.

One of my friends is in Air Force and did not match in FYGME last year. She says that she didn't receive a phone call, but had to find out on the 15th via the webpage.

I've also heard this...but I think USUHS students do receive a phone call prior to the 15th b/c we have to match something in the military...I could be wrong.

It seems kinda crappy of them to make you find out you didn't match the same time everyone else finds out you didn't match.

Rotatores
USUHS 2006