GMO points *~~~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adismo

covered in moon dust
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I went to Iraq and got a purple heart for, say, being shot by a sniper, would that improve my chances of getting a military residency?

what about civilian?

this is a serious question.

Members don't see this ad.

If I went to Iraq and got a purple heart for, say, being shot by a sniper, would that improve my chances of getting a military residency?

Yes. As long as you're still fit for duty. A bullet between the 5th and 6th cervical vertebrae isn't exactly going to do wonders for your military career . . .

what about civilian?

You mean getting accepted to a civilian residency (yeah, they might look on you as "special") or do you mean getting deferred to a civilian residency by the military (unlikely . . .)

this is a serious question.

Ummm, if you say so . . . :eek:

X-RMD

Members don't see this ad :)
Newspaper headline in the not-to-distant-future:
Army Doc In Iraq Shot By Sniper -- Witnesses say the general medical officer was wearing a large neon bulls-eye, and as the shots rang out he reportedly screamed the phrase, "Ortho here I come!"

I guess this is why you said that about it being a serious question huh?

Newspaper headline in the not-to-distant-future:
Army Doc In Iraq Shot By Sniper -- Witnesses say the general medical officer was wearing a large neon bulls-eye, and as the shots rang out he reportedly screamed the phrase, "Ortho here I come!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Nice!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

X-RMD