Going back to school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drboris

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been out of college since Dec 03 and have become accustomed to my laid back lifestyle. I am kind of worried that when I start med school in august, I will have a hard time adjusting back to hardcore studying mode. It sounds bad, but I do not want to give up playing tennis, basketball, or working out.

Did any of you guys go through the same experience? How did it work out?

How much studying is necessary to do well? Can I still have an extensive life outside school?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm thinking that not only can you have a life outside of MS, but that it is necessary to do so. Your physical and emotional well-being may depend upon it.

Hey

I'm right with you - I've been out of school since May '99. I dont wanna give up eating out at nice restaurants, working out, having fun, etc.

But, we'll still have time for it - just less of it. My advice - have as much fun now hanging out and relaxing before school starts. I'm thinking it will also be nice to go away during breaks if you can.

Also, if u are very efficient with your studying and stick to your study schedule, you'll have a lot mroe goof off time.

b