Going crazy!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bluffer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i graduated in the fall and have already been accepted to a med school. For the past couple months I have been chillin/drinking/partying with friends on the weekends (they work during the week) and have planned/been on a few trips (europe/bahamas/etc.). During the week i usually play online poker (dont have a job and i can make enough to support myself for the next few months), go to the gym, play guitar, and participate in a few other hobbies. I know to a lot of people this seems like a pretty lax lifestyle but I am honestly about to go crazy (the being single with no prospects but at the same time not wanting to get in a serious relationship before i leave for med school also sucks). I feel like I have no purpose in life at this moment. I am not sure how I am going to handle living like this for another 6 months until med school! :confused:

Advice?????????

Members don't see this ad.

I'm kind of in the opposite situation. I don't think I should have taken on this much this semester. I wish I had more time to take up new hobbies or just enjoy life...but alas...wanna trade? Pre-med Swap!

Also, I hate you for having taken/being able to take trips. I wanna get out of the country too, ya know?

dude you are living the high life right now. keep it going! and make sure to accumulate lots of crazy stories to tell ur study buds in med school when ur going to long for the good times that senior year had to offer.
keep bein a playboy son. cuz when medschool starts, it's gonna be work.

Members don't see this ad :)
In the same boat, except not online poker but computer games instead.

Give yourself a project and create a routine.

Ideas:
Learn a foreign language
Learn medical terminology
Community Service Project
etc..

I recommend getting a cat. It'll love you while you're holding it, but then you can put it down whenever. Much better than a relationship. Not to mention way easier to care for, cat nip and bright colored feathers. Done. :laugh:

I recommend getting a cat. It'll love you while you're holding it, but then you can put it down whenever. Much better than a relationship. Not to mention way easier to care for, cat nip and bright colored feathers. Done. :laugh:

allergic to cats...and cats are evil.

I'd recommend starting radiology research...