Going from PhD to an MD/PhD, in a different school.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Prospect doc

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just started a MS/PhD combined program in Biochemistry in a school that doesn't have a Medical school. I am thinking of going for an MD/PhD after my masters. My undergraduate GPA is only 3.56. My undergrad was in Genetics. I'm in the process of getting my first paper published. Hopefully before I apply, I could have another paper published. I am yet to take my MCATs. I'm also an international student. Has anyone done this before? What advice do you have for someone planning to do this?