Going on website by mistake on hospital vpn network

Started by tiger2252
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tiger2252

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a medical resident and I was logged in on my phone to my hospital private VPN network so I can access the patient EMR to access patient records from home. I by error went on/clicked on a website that had inappropriate images ( such as aka pornography), but when I realized this, i quickly closed the page. I'm a little nervous- this hasnt happened before: Can I be tracked by my hospital or get in trouble as a resident or from my program etc.
PS- I'm not trolling and this is a serious question.. thank you.
Update: this might've happened twice but closed the page right away..
 
Last edited:
I'm a medical resident and I was logged in on my phone to my hospital private VPN network so I can access the patient EMR to access patient records from home. I by error went on/clicked on a website that had inappropriate images ( such as aka pornography), but when I realized this, i quickly closed the page. I'm a little nervous- this hasnt happened before: Can I be tracked by my hospital or get in trouble as a resident or from my program etc.
PS- I'm not trolling and this is a serious question.. thank you.
Yes, you can be tracked and get in trouble.

You probably won’t because as long as you didn’t actually cause some sort of security breach because of some malicious content on the website, it’s a lot of effort on their part to go after you. So don’t do it again.
 
I'm a medical resident and I was logged in on my phone to my hospital private VPN network so I can access the patient EMR to access patient records from home. I by error went on/clicked on a website that had inappropriate images ( such as aka pornography), but when I realized this, i quickly closed the page. I'm a little nervous- this hasnt happened before: Can I be tracked by my hospital or get in trouble as a resident or from my program etc.
PS- I'm not trolling and this is a serious question.. thank you.
You were at your house and watched porn? I don’t see the issue there just do it on your own computer next time bro
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Could you be caught?

Probably, if IT really wanted to go through individual records.

Will you be caught? Unlikely

What would happen if you were caught? Not much. You looked at porn at home. Whoopdeedo. Your attendings and program directors probably look at porn in their homes too, though likely not on the hospital VPN. Just don't look at it at work.
 
Could you be caught?

Probably, if IT really wanted to go through individual records.

Will you be caught? Unlikely

What would happen if you were caught? Not much. You looked at porn at home. Whoopdeedo. Your attendings and program directors probably look at porn in their homes too, though likely not on the hospital VPN. Just don't look at it at work.

I don't think that it would be a big deal unless there was something illegal about the porn...kiddy porn, for instance. Otherwise, IT probably won't do anything. If they do, I think that it's important to be honest. If it was a one click thing...then fine. But if it wasn't...then don't try to lie about it. There are these things called cookies and search history that even a novice IT guy can figure out.
 
You were at your house and watched porn? I don’t see the issue there just do it on your own computer next time bro

Or was @tiger2252 in a call room at the hospital, twice in one week?!

Use some common sense: only at home, only on your own computer, and only using a different browser than what you normally use with the settings set to automatically delete your history upon closing, thus protecting you from your wife (and if she catches you, explain that it's either this or prostitution, the former being much less expensive).

​

 
Or was @tiger2252 in a call room at the hospital, twice in one week?!

Use some common sense: only at home, only on your own computer, and only using a different browser than what you normally use with the settings set to automatically delete your history upon closing, thus protecting you from your wife (and if she catches you, explain that it's either this or prostitution, the former being much less expensive).

​

Not necessarily. Onlyfans can be quite expensive.
 
Sorry to ask- but what if this happened twice by mistake?
tfw GIF
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad