Going through UWorld Twice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SD3321

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been looking up this his topic and its always seems 50/50. I'm about 3.5 weeks out from my test and just finished up Uworld first run. I've read people tend to start in January and then do a rerun in dedicated. I just did my first set of Uworld rerun and its very inflated due to in part I started UWORLD in March.

I'm wondering what you guys think would be the most effective use of my my remaining time? . I like the idea of reinforcing Uworld information since it has so much but I don't want to lose my test taking strategies etc. I completed a NBME yesterday and I was +230 which is my main goal.I did the majority of Rx and also have Kaplan which I could incorporate. Thoughts? Maybe someone has previous experience with this. I appreciate the help My biggest worry is "peaking".

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do uworld again focusing why you get questions right and why you get them wrong. Don't worry about knowing the answer before you read the answer choices but know why every single answer is a choice. uworld is too high yield not to do it again with 3.5 weeks remaining.

Hey everyone, I've been looking up this his topic and its always seems 50/50. I'm about 3.5 weeks out from my test and just finished up Uworld first run. I've read people tend to start in January and then do a rerun in dedicated. I just did my first set of Uworld rerun and its very inflated due to in part I started UWORLD in March.

I'm wondering what you guys think would be the most effective use of my my remaining time? . I like the idea of reinforcing Uworld information since it has so much but I don't want to lose my test taking strategies etc. I completed a NBME yesterday and I was +230 which is my main goal.I did the majority of Rx and also have Kaplan which I could incorporate. Thoughts? Maybe someone has previous experience with this. I appreciate the help My biggest worry is "peaking".

Most ubiquitously spread baneful myth in USMLE history.

Don't do UWorld twice. Do it once thoroughly. Spend your time on doing as many unique questions as possible. And if someone says 'I know a guy who did UW twice and read FA and got a 255,' then if he had instead done UW once and added on Rx, he may have broken 260.

Reactions: 3 users

Don't do UWorld twice. Do it once thoroughly. Spend your time on doing as many unique questions as possible. And if someone says 'I know a guy who did UW twice and read FA and got a 255,' then if he had instead done UW once and added on Rx, he may have broken 260.
^^^
Listen to this guy OP.

Members don't see this ad :)
Again, do uworld again. If you've done RX and read FA, uworld is your most valuable resource to ensure you know it all. Kaplan is too detailed and not a valuable last minute resource.

Seems like its always 50/50 lol, I appreciate the input and understand both sides of the argument. I'll at least go over the UWORLD question, I got wrong to reinforce them (hopefully quicker since I took a long time reviewing before.. Thankfully I saved a USWAs and the majority of the NBMES to stagger in during these upcoming weeks. I'd be ecstatic if I get jump 10 or so in this last push.

Last edited:

What if you didn't do it as throughly as you could've?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What if you didn't do it as throughly as you could've?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I would argue that the first time through uworld, especially for step 1, no one knows how detailed is enough. Notes, no notes, annotate, timed, untimed, 10 questions at a time, a block at a time, etc. Until you take the exam no one has any appreciation for how they would've done things differently and everyone is different.

Certainly that doesn't mean neglect NBME exams, sources like RX, etc. But in a time crunch, uworld uworld uworld.