Aug 1, 2009
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I found a Community College that accepts people without a GED or high school diploma..

Im going to apply tomorrow.

Ive heard that there's people here on SDN that have made it to med school without a GED or high school diploma...

After I take some Biology and Chemistry courses and get some credits I plan to transfer to a University... Sence I'll have credits in Biology and Chemistry, and have already made it to college, will the schools I try to transfer to ask if I have a GED or high school diploma?

Or will they not care because I've already been to a Community College and did well. ? ?

Basically im asking if ill be able to transfer from a Community College to a University after a couple years of studying Biology and Chem. without a GED or high school diploma?

Also, which classes should I take...

Aug 1, 2009
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
What do you mean "Delete" ....

If your gunna be a jackass, (no offence) than keep that kinda "delete" **** to yourself :laugh::laugh::laugh:


Oracle of the Sheet
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2007
Denver, CO
Medical Student
Yes, they'll ask for evidence you graduated HS. When I transferred after receiving my degree (2nd bachelors candidate), they still requested an HS transcript, albeit with a conditional offer of admission prior to receiving the HS transcript. The evidence of a bachelors obviously superceded the HS diploma in this case but for UG admissions they still wanted to see evidence, it was simply far less important.

Why not simply take the GED? If you're able to pass college courses, the GED should be a breeze and it's going to come up time and again anyway... (Most job apps ask for graduation/GED details for all schools attended so never having graduated HS is going to come back and haunt you; most interviewers will probably assume it was a mistake on your part when you leave it off but will likely then ask for confirmation and if you have to lie to the interviewer, this would jeopardize your job later on if found out.)
Jul 8, 2009
I would highly advise you taking science pre-reqs at the 4 year university.

Take classes like English, History, Art, and other basics at CC.