Going to other state(s) after graduating as a specialist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Orthohopefully

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In the process of picking schools. I don't want to practice in the state of the school I'll probably be attending and I want to hopefully specialize as an ortho. So I was wondering if specialists need to take new licensure exams (depending on what that state wants) like general dentists do? Or are they automatically approved by every single state?
 
Yes. You will need to get a dental license to practice your speciality just like everyone else. If you take the CDCA ADEX, you’re covered for every state except DE, WY, GA, and maybe 1 other I can’t think of.
 
Yes. You will need to get a dental license to practice your speciality just like everyone else. If you take the CDCA ADEX, you’re covered for every state except DE, WY, GA, and maybe 1 other I can’t think of.
I knew about Delaware (and ofc NY requires 1 yr residency), but upon looking at the board websites for Wyoming & Georgia it seems that the ADEX is sufficient? Or am I missing something
 
I knew about Delaware (and ofc NY requires 1 yr residency), but upon looking at the board websites for Wyoming & Georgia it seems that the ADEX is sufficient? Or am I missing something
Maybe they changed it since I graduated