Going to USC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jammocah

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone.. I've been reading the threads from time to time but never posted.. This is my first! I just received my acceptance letter to USC School of Pharmacy for Fall 05 and wanted to meet other people who are going there.. Oh .. and to thank you all for the great advice!!! :) Much love! :love:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey!
Congrats on getting in. I just got my acceptance letter from USC also. I'm sure there will be more USC admittees posting shortly...

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats on getting accepted to usc! pm me if you have any questions..i'm finishing off my first semester and i have to say..i love it!

How are you all going to pay for pharm school? Just take out loans?? Pharm school is really expensive and I doubt I will have extra time to work! I dont know how much U of South Carolina is but USC (u southern cali) is 30,000 a year!

congrats to the both of you! Have you decided whether you'll be going there for sure? If so I'll be looking forward to meeting you guys! As for paying for school, most people that I have talked to take out loans - I've been going to undergrad here for four years and my parents were paying out of their pocket for a while. Once my sister started college this year they had to start pulling out loans for me. So, yeah more loans for the next four years :eek: However, all the USC pharm grads always say that the loans can be easily paid off (but that is probably the pride talking). By the way, does anyone know if tuition at the pharm school goes up (I know it does for the undergrads.. a nice 5% a year)?

Hey congrats everyone! I just got my USC acceptance letter yesterday too! I'm SO excited! if anyone has any questions about getting in, interviews, etc, PM me!

Anyone got put on "active consideration"???? I did and im a little worried :( I have my heart set on USC (southern Cali) and im very nervous.

RxGirl said:
Anyone got put on "active consideration"???? I did and im a little worried :( I have my heart set on USC (southern Cali) and im very nervous.

hang in there RxGirl.. it's still waaaay too early to tell.. :luck:

well, RX, at least you got a letter! i'm still waiting for a response! :laugh:

ilovepharmacy said:
congrats to the both of you! Have you decided whether you'll be going there for sure? If so I'll be looking forward to meeting you guys! As for paying for school, most people that I have talked to take out loans - I've been going to undergrad here for four years and my parents were paying out of their pocket for a while. Once my sister started college this year they had to start pulling out loans for me. So, yeah more loans for the next four years :eek: However, all the USC pharm grads always say that the loans can be easily paid off (but that is probably the pride talking). By the way, does anyone know if tuition at the pharm school goes up (I know it does for the undergrads.. a nice 5% a year)?

hey
congrads! tuition goes up $1000/yr. started off as $28,000. now $30,000 for 2004-2005 yr. so for you it i will start at $31,000
good luck

does everyone have a car? is it possible and safe to get around by public transportation? just wondering. thanks!

Whether you need a car depends on where you live. I would say everyone that lives off-campus has a car, but some people in dorms don't. Honestly, you need a car in LA, that's just my opinion....the bus/metro system is not great at all.....

i am on the "active list" also. well my gpa isn't competitive. i guess i should be more than overjoyed that i got an early interview even though i submitted my application on the day of the deadline.

but i really really have my heart set for usc. but if i happen to not get in, western here i come!

crazyrice610 said:
i am on the "active list" also. well my gpa isn't competitive. i guess i should be more than overjoyed that i got an early interview even though i submitted my application on the day of the deadline.

but i really really have my heart set for usc. but if i happen to not get in, western here i come!

i really like you optism. We are in the same boat, I was put on the "active list," but got accepted at Western. :)