Gold Standard Revised Verbal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StudyShy

XOXO
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if everyone thinks that the revised verbal on the Gold Standard FL exams is now as difficult/comparable to the real deal? I know that GS worked hard to revamp the verbal portion of their FLs.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldnt write them off though... like anything else they are great practice material, leading up to doing AAMC's... with the MCAT practice makes perfect... and they are still a valuable resource, just like kaplan, princeton, and EK

As a result of some, hmm, 'challenging' comments about our VR, we spent years developing new exams. We changed every passage and question for our 20 online VR tests (the FL's went live in the summer of 2011 and the individual tests in the spring of 2012) using very strict requirements to emulate the current exam. If everyone above is referring to the same 'edition' of our VR tests then first I feel I should apologize and then perhaps move to a country where Prozac is available over the counter so I can remain there until the Fall of 2014!

Members don't see this ad :)
As a result of some, hmm, 'challenging' comments about our VR, we spent years developing new exams. We changed every passage and question for our 20 online VR tests (the FL's went live in the summer of 2011 and the individual tests in the spring of 2012) using very strict requirements to emulate the current exam. If everyone above is referring to the same 'edition' of our VR tests then first I feel I should apologize and then perhaps move to a country where Prozac is available over the counter so I can remain there until the Fall of 2014!

I like them. :oops:

How have you been scoring on them compared to AAMC practice tests?

I've only taking the verbal on AAMC 3 several weeks ago (got an 8, finished early, had interruptions during the test) compared to GS verbal (10 under the same circumstances and finishing 10 ish minutes early). I did the first six or so of EK 101 two-ish years ago and got 8s for the first ones and 9s for the last ones that I did. I did a few TBR and scored easy 10s (but some questions seemed like direct regurgitation).

Interesting. I averaged 9-12 on EK 101 and 10-14 on AAMC. I ranged from 5-7 on gold standard (after doing all of EK) so I stopped doing their verbal sections. I got an 11 on my actual exam, which was my EK and AAMC average.

You did great! Lol, I would have gotten a little demoralized getting 5-7s. :)

I'll have to see how I do on more AAMCs, but I won't be taking anymore until I get closer to the exam date (3.5 months away). Currently, I'm taking one GS FL (just the bio and verbal sections) a week.