Golijan Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MAK

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So im halfway through Golijan audio and taking notes and stuff, but I have a couple of questions...

1. Where is this review course that he is a part of, with hanson, trever, etc. and how do I take it, if its still available

2. are there different audio versions out there? I have the one that is divided into 5 days, with 8 files (lectures) in each. I have no other notes or pictures or anything that he talks about.

3. :idea:can someone do a check for me to make sure im not missing anything, for day 1, i only have 7 lectures, and the last is the fluid and hemodynamics 3, is there supposed to be 1 after that?:idea:

4. does he not go over genetics at all?

any help greatly appreciated!! thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Someone probably knows these answers better than I do, but...

1. I believe he used to teach for Kaplan, but I'm not sure. I don't think you can take the course anymore, but also not sure.

2. I have no idea, but I think there is only one set of lectures.

3. My audio files are set up differently, so idk.

4. No he teaches pathology only.

Members don't see this ad :)
He teaches the Path section in the Falcon Review Course, not Kaplan.

He works for Falcon now, but the tapes that circulate around are, in fact, from his days with Kaplan. They are copyrighted and thus illegal bootlegs, this lecture series cannot be obtained legally. (and thus probably not so wise to admit on a public forum to having them). They are fairly old and thus won't reflect any changes in the test over the last decade anyhow. His books, however, are obtainable legally and do get updated regularly.

just wondering, i have the goljan pathology book (rapid review series) is that as good as listening to the lectures or is it better? i would much rather read the book than to listen to lectures..thanks

just wondering, i have the goljan pathology book (rapid review series) is that as good as listening to the lectures or is it better? i would much rather read the book than to listen to lectures..thanks

Listening to him makes reading it go so much faster, and you retain a lot more (well, at least for me).

Try to get through listening to Goljan audio at least twice before your exam. He is excellent for solidifying the basics and getting a good foundation. Put him on your ipod and listen while you drive, while you walk to class/library/cafe, while you're at they gym. You'll be amazed how much you can get through 20 minutes at a time.

Do not wait for your boards studying period to begin. People who sat their and listened to Goljan audios and took dilligent notes as part of their prepwork I thought wasted a huge amount of time that could be spent otherwise. Hes perfect for "background" studying and review as you are running errands, etc. You will not absorb everything he says the first time around but as you study and you listen to him again it will make more and more sense... ideally you'll get to the point where you can start to anticipate his points, the answers to his questions, his jokes, etc.

Not to state the blatantly obvious, but if you would rather read the book than listen to the lectures... read the book! :laugh:

You aren't missing anything from the audio. Everything he says is in the text.

question: If I have the goljan review notes as in the general and systemic pathology lecture notes, is RR goljan necessary to buy. It seems almost redundant.

question: If I have the goljan review notes as in the general and systemic pathology lecture notes, is RR goljan necessary to buy. It seems almost redundant.

It's essentially the same material, but obviously RR path is a more updated resource.