Goljan's new book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giznut12

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else planning on using Goljan's Rapid Review Pathology? I heard that is supposed to be the best. Also, does anyone know if his integrations of other subjects (biochem, genetics, pharm, ect) will be included?

Members don't see this ad.

My guess is that it will incorporate less of the non-path subjects than do his fantastic S.T.A.R.S books, because the Rapid Review Series (excellent sources IMHO) has individual books for each subject. Having said that, I don't know FOR SURE how much non-path material is actually in there.

I just got the Review of Pathology book (it's a shorter version of his Pathology book), and it's really great. Very thorough, there are SOME relevant biochem and a tiny bit of pharm (but not individual chapters). Also, it turnes out that the book corresponds exactly with his 5 day review course! Very useful. Still, if you have very little time left, I'd go over BRS path instead - it's quicker, less explanations. Hope this helps! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Im sorry...I am not familiar with the Goljan books. What exactly are the different things that Goljan offers ( books, 5-day review series ????, notes)? I have heard alot about Goljan, but I dont know much about this series. Thanks in advance.

He has written two pathology books for STARS, which also published Costanzo's Physiology book. He has taught board review (Step I and II) for Kaplan for almost 10 years (?) and is one of the foremost authorities on the USMLE. He is famous for his "Pathology in 40 hours", which is the 5-day course through kaplan, and his 40-page 'high-yield' facts. He also wrote many of the Pathology questions on the Board Simulator Series.

He currently: lectures at OSU-COM :D , does 6-8 board review sessions a year for Kaplan, edits the new Mosby's 'Rapid Review' series, writes the 'Most Commons...' series, and writes Pathology and Biochemistry texts for Mosby's.

All in all, the man is pretty good.