Goljan's RAPID REVIEW FOR STEP 1....PROBLEM!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

invitro

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Idiopathic, or ANYONE who has used this book:

I LOOVE the questions in this book and CD, but I am having problems with the CD.

Basically on the CD it allows you to take 50 questions at a time of any subject....say pathology or anatomy or biochem.
Also, there are like 1100 questions.

This is my problem. When I set the program to do 50 questions (like path for example), I get 50 questions. When I am finished with this 50, and want to do another 50, I GET REPEATS!!!!!

Sometimes when doing subsequent blocks of 50 questions, something like 50% of the questions are repeated!!!!

The main thing, is that instead of giving you 50 new questions which you have not used, the program just bangs out 50 RANDOM questions for the subject.

This is REALLY frustrating. Has anyone got around this problem?

Basically I want to make sure I have seen ALL 1100 or so questions before I take the boards.

Thanks,

invitro

Members don't see this ad.

50% repeats? thats kind of high. i do NOT think you can do anything about that. that was a complaint of a friend of mine as well. he did the goljan CD as well as qBank, and that was one of the drawbacks to goljans CD. however, for the money and the number of Qs... not bad. you just have to deal with the repeats. problem with qBank is you dont get to keep the Qs on CD

I have had similar problems with the disc, it also isnt very interactive, and the questions have to be alot easier than the real thing. i say do the BSS and Qbank questions.