Goljan's stuff?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DesiMcatAcer

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am confused on what resources from Goljan are available (used) for Step I. I keep reading about the 36 page handout, the 100 page, the high yield notes and the audio etc etc. Can anyone list or explain all the available resources that are used to prepare adequately for Step I? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Aside from the books which you can purchase legally on amazon or wherever, there are illegally recorded and copied recordings of lectures of his from around 2002, and copies of handouts that he used for his Kaplan courses or for his students at Oklahoma State. Asking where to get these on SDN is a TOS violation.

If you are at all ambitious I doubt that you'll have difficulty finding them.

Personally, I thought that the audio was not my style (but could be useful for some), and that the written notes were either a waste of time, or very similar to his commercially available (and more up-to-date) books.

You do not need any Goljan resources to prepare "adequately" for Step I, although I recommend either Rapid Review Pathology (Goljan) or BRS Pathology (not Goljan).

Aside from the books which you can purchase legally on amazon or wherever, there are illegally recorded and copied recordings of lectures of his from around 2002, and copies of handouts that he used for his Kaplan courses or for his students at Oklahoma State. Asking where to get these on SDN is a TOS violation.

If you are at all ambitious I doubt that you'll have difficulty finding them.

Personally, I thought that the audio was not my style (but could be useful for some), and that the written notes were either a waste of time, or very similar to his commercially available (and more up-to-date) books.

You do not need any Goljan resources to prepare "adequately" for Step I, although I recommend either Rapid Review Pathology (Goljan) or BRS Pathology (not Goljan).

hmm, I actually like his written notes on Systemic Pathology more than Rapid Review (which i think is a POS).

Hi all,

I am confused on what resources from Goljan are available (used) for Step I. I keep reading about the 36 page handout, the 100 page, the high yield notes and the audio etc etc. Can anyone list or explain all the available resources that are used to prepare adequately for Step I? Thanks!

Go to Amazon and type in Goljan. Those are the only ones that you can obtain without violating federal copyright law, and the only ones that should be discussed on this website. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
hmm, I actually like his written notes on Systemic Pathology more than Rapid Review (which i think is a POS).

Blasphemy in the house of God!!!! LOL, just kidding.

I honestly don't think that his Rapid Review could ever be called a POS. It's basically the same as his General and Systemic notes, except they're organized in a different manner, and of course updated (some stuff has changed since 2002 while others aren't tested as heavily or at all anymore).

Seriously, I love the Rapid Review book. But there are still many people who just memorize BRS Path and still rock the bells out of Step 1.