good advice for an M2......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilmo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! Just trying to avoid studying for my looming path exam to solicit some advice.

1) What board score should I be aiming for?
2) Next year I will be working on my MPH, any recommendations of which area of public health to focus on that would be most relevant to EM?
3) Is any particular order of clinical rotations better than another?
4) Any general advice for this stage in the process would be fabulous.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

lilmo said:
Hello! Just trying to avoid studying for my looming path exam to solicit some advice.

2) Next year I will be working on my MPH, any recommendations of which area of public health to focus on that would be most relevant to EM?

Thanks!
1) As good as possible.. Duh.. avg or better.. for top notch places I would guess 225 or so..
2) Whatever you think is most interesting, access to care etc/
3) No just make sure you do the things you like early enough to make sure you like them

lilmo said:

Thanks!
1. High- >90 two digit (although you'll probably be all right if >80.
2. A lot of people are interested in International PH
3. not important
4. a. "Try On" every specialty in year 3. If you like them all but don't want to do any one exclusively, you're probably an EP!
b. Kill that path exam.

:)