Post a good case, dammit.

Started by RustedFox
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Are we sure the diaper changer wasn’t just eating their daily Cheeto intake while caring for the baby?
I guess I should have said, chief complaint of hematuria. It actually happened again while in ER. This red orange stuff came out of the kids urine. Penis uncircumcised. Not oozing. Mom denies putting cream on kid. UA doesn’t show blood. Kid looks fine. Afebrile. Nursing well for a three day old.
 
I guess I should have said, chief complaint of hematuria. It actually happened again while in ER. This red orange stuff came out of the kids urine. Penis uncircumcised. Not oozing. Mom denies putting cream on kid. UA doesn’t show blood. Kid looks fine. Afebrile. Nursing well for a three day old.
@VA Hopeful Dr already answered this one. It's just urate crystals. Normal in a newborn and go away on their own. Workup = reassurance and DC.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No...but you would probably look it up like everybody else. Or call someone. Anytime a 3 day old comes in, no matter what, I'm gonna call someone. What good thing can happen when a 3 day old comes in?

Nothing.

Unless the blood came from somewhere else. But the OP said "blood in urine" although he didn't say "urinalysis with blood"
There's a difference
I feel you, but in real life it seems like 90% of presentations in <1 week olds are completely normal development.