Good at "Hard", Bad at "Easy"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sosarah

PGY5
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've been taking the AAMC practice tests online and evaluating my results. When I sort things according to difficulty, it seems like I'm getting all of the "hard" questions right and the "easy" questions wrong! For example, on physics yesterday, 0% Easy, 54% Moderate, and 98% Hard questions correct. :mad: What could I be doing wrong? When I go back to look at the solutions, they sometimes make sense, but I don't think that they are things I would have thought of without seeing the answer. Any suggestions? This seems like it should be something ridiculously easy to fix, but I'm not sure just slowing down will do it.

Thanks.

And good luck to any 7/13-ers.:luck:
This is how I feel::beat:

Members don't see this ad.

So I've been taking the AAMC practice tests online and evaluating my results. When I sort things according to difficulty, it seems like I'm getting all of the "hard" questions right and the "easy" questions wrong! For example, on physics yesterday, 0% Easy, 54% Moderate, and 98% Hard questions correct. :mad: What could I be doing wrong? When I go back to look at the solutions, they sometimes make sense, but I don't think that they are things I would have thought of without seeing the answer. Any suggestions? This seems like it should be something ridiculously easy to fix, but I'm not sure just slowing down will do it.

Thanks.

To me this indicates that you're thinking too much about the questions. Your overthinking/knowledge pays off on the hard questions but screws you on the easy ones because you're probably making them more difficult than they are.

Thanks.

If there were only 3 "hard" questions and you ended up getting them right (lucky guesses), but missed the easy questions because you weren't being careful, that would explain it too.

Sometimes when the passage is hard, it distracts you so much that you miss easy questions....

If there were only 3 "hard" questions and you ended up getting them right (lucky guesses), but missed the easy questions because you weren't being careful, that would explain it too.

Sometimes when the passage is hard, it distracts you so much that you miss easy questions....

True, true. That does make sense. I'm getting ready to take another one right now, so we'll see...:oops: