Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I find the drug ads to be confusing and extremely time consuming. It takes me forever to understand the truth hiding behind the words/charts/graphs. It dawned upon me that since I am not used to reading such things, I should make it a daily habit to hit up one a day. I tried hitting up pub med, but it's a time consuming prospect for a drug ad initiate. Does anyone know any books out there that specifically target this material and outline or summarize it?
On a side note, I wonder about why the drug ads are on step 3 in the first place. The exam targets you as if you were a Primary Care Practitioner. For the most part, PCPs have to adhere to the drug formularies of the insurance companies. Any attempt at prescribing new and often expensive drugs will leave them with a phone call from either the pharmacy or an upset patient saying that the medicine is not covered and that it costs way too much.
On a side note, I wonder about why the drug ads are on step 3 in the first place. The exam targets you as if you were a Primary Care Practitioner. For the most part, PCPs have to adhere to the drug formularies of the insurance companies. Any attempt at prescribing new and often expensive drugs will leave them with a phone call from either the pharmacy or an upset patient saying that the medicine is not covered and that it costs way too much.