Good books/resources list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about starting a list of good books, websites, links, resources for common stuff in FM? Certain topics like MSK/sports med and derm are weaknesses of mine but I really dont know many sources to use for these.

I ll start a list and update it as people respond. Topics thus far:

1)Derm
2)Musculoskeletal
3)Pain management
4)Urgent care
5)Peds
6)Psych/behavioral med

I hope this is a good idea.

Members don't see this ad.

Up-to-date and AFP are my sources for 99% of my questions.

Same. In residency and private practice what ever source you use has to be current, easily portable, easy to navigate and a relatively quick read.

Books are fine for med school, but I can't tell you the last time I cracked one to look up the most current recommendations on something I'm trying to treat.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same. In residency and private practice what ever source you use has to be current, easily portable, easy to navigate and a relatively quick read.

Books are fine for med school, but I can't tell you the last time I cracked one to look up the most current recommendations on something I'm trying to treat.
The one exception I would make is that I do still consult my procedure book fairly regularly - but that's about it.

1)Derm

2)Musculoskeletal
The 5-Minute Sports Medicine Consult (The 5-Minute Consult Series)
Essentials of Musculoskeletal Care, 5th Edition

3)Pain management

4)Urgent care
Fracture Management for Primary Care: Expert Consult - Online and Print, 3e

5)Peds
The Harriet Lane Handbook: Mobile Medicine Series, 20e
Zitelli and Davis' Atlas of Pediatric Physical Diagnosis: Expert Consult - Online and Print, 6e (Zitelli, Atlas of Pediatric Physical Diagnosis)
Caring for Your Baby and Young Child, 6th Edition: Birth to Age 5 (for parents but I like this book)
Family-Focused Pediatrics: Interviewing Techniques and Other Strategies to Help Families Resolve Their Interactive and Emotional Problems

6)Psych/behavioral med
7) Obstetrics