Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Good cardio book

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by mdforlife, Apr 15, 2004.

1. mdforlife

mdforlife Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I was wondering if any of you know a good Cardiology textbook or book that's simple. I haven't taken any science classes; however, I have to learn basic heart physiology for something that I need to do. Stuff like what's is heart composed of and how it works, the cycle, etc. I went to the library to check out the textbooks but they are very confusing and complicating and require more science knowledge. Is there anything that's simpler?

2. bruinrab

bruinrab Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    This was fairly good, but it may still be too complicated. From what I remember though, it wasn't so bad, and I had trouble with cardiovascular physiology.

3. Zweihander

Zweihander Billygoat Gruff
    Gold Donor Verified Account 15+ Year Member

Good lord! You crazy people are already doing the hardcore medschool stuff?
    :scared:

Well, the book that I used for Cardio is Boron and Boulpaep's Medical Physiology. It's actually a comprehensive phyiso text and not just cardio, but the cardio section in it is simply excellent, easy to read, and not ridiculously technical (which I know from comparison with other books my classmates were using). I actually didn't end up using this book too much outside of cardio, but I highly recommend it for that subject.
    :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. BassDominator

BassDominator Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Lilly: Pathophysiology of Heart Disease

Concise. Easy read. Written partly by Harvard students.

5. bruinrab

bruinrab Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    EEEEWWWWWW!!! Hated that book. I called it Moron and Bullcrap. Much to the chagrin of the prof. :p

6. Zweihander

Zweihander Billygoat Gruff
    Gold Donor Verified Account 15+ Year Member

Weird. But it's a great book!! :confused: :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...