Good cardio book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdforlife

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you know a good Cardiology textbook or book that's simple. I haven't taken any science classes; however, I have to learn basic heart physiology for something that I need to do. Stuff like what's is heart composed of and how it works, the cycle, etc. I went to the library to check out the textbooks but they are very confusing and complicating and require more science knowledge. Is there anything that's simpler?

Members don't see this ad.

mdforlife said:
I was wondering if any of you know a good Cardiology textbook or book that's simple. I haven't taken any science classes; however, I have to learn basic heart physiology for something that I need to do. Stuff like what's is heart composed of and how it works, the cycle, etc. I went to the library to check out the textbooks but they are very confusing and complicating and require more science knowledge. Is there anything that's simpler?

This was fairly good, but it may still be too complicated. From what I remember though, it wasn't so bad, and I had trouble with cardiovascular physiology.

Good lord! You crazy people are already doing the hardcore medschool stuff?
:scared:

Well, the book that I used for Cardio is Boron and Boulpaep's Medical Physiology. It's actually a comprehensive phyiso text and not just cardio, but the cardio section in it is simply excellent, easy to read, and not ridiculously technical (which I know from comparison with other books my classmates were using). I actually didn't end up using this book too much outside of cardio, but I highly recommend it for that subject.
:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Lilly: Pathophysiology of Heart Disease

Concise. Easy read. Written partly by Harvard students.

Zweihander said:
Good lord! You crazy people are already doing the hardcore medschool stuff?
:scared:

Well, the book that I used for Cardio is Boron and Boulpaep's Medical Physiology. It's actually a comprehensive phyiso text and not just cardio, but the cardio section in it is simply excellent, easy to read, and not ridiculously technical (which I know from comparison with other books my classmates were using). I actually didn't end up using this book too much outside of cardio, but I highly recommend it for that subject.
:)

EEEEWWWWWW!!! Hated that book. I called it ***** and Bullcrap. Much to the chagrin of the prof. :p