Good Child Psych Programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maranatha

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can give advice on what to look for in a good child/adolescent psych program? Is it basically the same qualities that make up a good adult program?

Also, where are the good child/adol psych programs???

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

im assuming you are talking about fellowships? i can't answer your questions, but am also curious to know what things one should look for in a good c&a fellowship ....

im assuming you are talking about fellowships? i can't answer your questions, but am also curious to know what things one should look for in a good c&a fellowship ....

Yep, I'm talking about the fellowship and/or the combined programs like...Any one?

I'm asking b/c I'd like to go to a program that is strong in both child and adult...I want to avoid moving for the C&A fellowsip, if possible.

It's really the same as residency. Unless you're looking to make an academic research career, you want to see satisfied child fellows, a committed program director, a healthy sponsoring institution, a couple of faculty that you think will supervise you well, and a nice variety of patients. You may want to ask where their grads end up and how they feel they are prepared for that type of practice.