The community is divided, so I think a poll would help determine what the majority opinion is:

• Report my USMLE score

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Report my USMLE score + retake step 1

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Do not report my USMLE score

Votes: 29 65.9%

• Total voters

Deecee2DO

Medical Student
5+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2015
New Jersey
Status
  1. Medical Student
Is it possible to only report step 1 and 2 even thought i also took comlex 1 and 2? I did way better on USMLE than on COMLEX.
They wont care how you did on COMLEX unless youre applying AOA ortho/some other competitive surgical subspecialty or a Derm AOA/DO program. Literally no one cares about your comlex score-many PDs dont even know what it is or how to score it/what it means. Theyre right in not caring too-its a horribly written BS exam that shouldnt exist. Bottom line you have to report it but it doesnt matter as long as you passed

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

phagocytosis41

Membership Revoked
Removed
Jun 1, 2018
They wont care how you did on COMLEX unless youre applying AOA ortho/some other competitive surgical subspecialty or a Derm AOA/DO program. Literally no one cares about your comlex score-many PDs dont even know what it is or how to score it/what it means. Theyre right in not caring too-its a horribly written BS exam that shouldnt exist. Bottom line you have to report it but it doesnt matter as long as you passed
AGREED. Some places have it written as COMPLEX. LOL.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads

phagocytosis41

Membership Revoked
Removed
Jun 1, 2018
LOL COMPLEX was the old name so they just never bothered. But yea usmle is the better exam, and imho it’s the easier test to study for
some people say USMLE is harder than COMPLEX. Idk I think despite having 'harder material' COMLEX has questions that are just way more confusing.

Deecee2DO

Medical Student
5+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2015
New Jersey
Status
  1. Medical Student
some people say USMLE is harder than COMPLEX. Idk I think despite having 'harder material' COMLEX has questions that are just way more confusing.
I personally believe USMLE is WAY harder even if COMLEX is poorly written. The order of question interpretation is far more comprehensive on USMLE. I felt like I breezed through COMLEX in comparison to Step. i know some people will make fun of me for this but I personally thought comlex was easy

Reactions: 1 user

Cranjis McBasketball

5+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2015
Status
  1. Medical Student
I personally believe USMLE is WAY harder even if COMLEX is poorly written. The order of question interpretation is far more comprehensive on USMLE. I felt like I breezed through COMLEX in comparison to Step. i know some people will make fun of me for this but I personally thought comlex was easy
Include this quote in your personal statement and youre golden

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

FutureDoctor5000

2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2018
Status
  1. Medical Student
We agree on that, I said to study for, meaning if you study effectively you could break a 230 on step, comlex questions are easier in material and the level of thinking required but more vague and thus just more annoying lol..

Reactions: 1 user

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads