Good/Credible Malpractice Insurance for Hospital Pharmacists

Started by glhm93
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

glhm93

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any recommendations for malpractice insurance carriers for a newly licensed/practicing hospital pharmacist? If someone can be kind to also offer insight into what I should look into when considering carriers it would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
 
I haven't heard of any real differences between insurance providers. Coverage/price is pretty similar, if not identical, with all of them. At least for general pharmacy work (whether hospital or retail), maybe if you needed a speciality add-on, like if you were doing consulting work, there would be a difference (I've never compared those, so I don't know.)

I use HPSO www.hpso.com, for no particular reason, I always have. Pharmacists Mutual, is another one commonly Pharmacists Mutual Insurance Company - Official Page

Just make sure you have a pharmacists insurance policy.