Good DO Books/Resources?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PA_dud3

PA-S1
Moderator Emeritus
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been reading into some DO related stuff, and I am pretty interested in Osteopathic Medicine. Are there any good books or resources about Osteopathic Medicine you all would recommend? I also would like to learn about OMM if possible.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The DOs by Norman Gevitz is a good history of osteopathic medicine. I read part of it to help prepare for my interviews. It's extremely boring but informative.

Reactions: 3 users
I have been reading into some DO related stuff, and I am pretty interested in Osteopathic Medicine. Are there any good books or resources about Osteopathic Medicine you all would recommend? I also would like to learn about OMM if possible.

Thanks!

I have a subscription to Lecturio, it's pricey, but I highly recommend it. They have videos for MCAT prep and the whole medical school curriculum, both pre-clinical and clinical. They have lots of OMM videos for pre-clinical & clinical. You can view some on youtube,

Also, the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians has 150 OMT procedures videos online for students and residents:
ACOFP

Reactions: 1 user