Good GPR program in NY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tightseal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was going through the gpr programs and there seem to be way too many of them, especially in New York................does any one know of good programs in NY. Also may be you will find this site useful, they have tried to put different speciality programs together..........in case you want to take a look, http://www.medicalhelpnet.com/content/view/63/81/

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

:thumbup: :thumbup: St peter's Hospital in Albany, NY :)
I know this is a good program as I volunteered there. :thumbup:

I plan to go there in 2 ys. They have a comprehensive program with implants,

ortho, pedo, os, endo,OR, ER, etc
I know they are planning to move to a brand new facility by JUly 2005

The residency accepts 3-4 residents
The director, Blythe Thompson, or manager DR. Graham

is very interested to talking to anyone interested in this program.

Do not hesitate to email or call them. They are more than willing to talk to you about anything such as PASS info (note dateline is in early Jan/ FEB)
call to find out

[email protected] Or you can

call 1-518-527-7058 (anytime) or

1-518-525-1757 (8am-12pm, 1-4)
Thanks

SOME INFO
salary -$40,000 ++
The program is sub-divided into various ADA, recognized discipline areas. In addition, there are sections on dentistry for special patients under general anesthesia and diagnostic sciences. Hours of lectures will be presented from the varied disciplines in Dentistry. A Journal Club is held monthly at which time current articles are presented by the residents, followed by discussion with attendings and residents.

Multiple times during the year, each resident will present a formal treatment plan before the dental staff. The plan must include slides, radiographs, study casts, etc.

Because it is impossible to detail all phases of dentistry, only basic materials and philosophies will be presented formally. The bulk of educational instruction and guidance will be at chairside.

Each resident will spend:

four weeks in Anesthesiology
two weeks in the Emergency Department
two weeks in Internal Medicine
In addition to the dental didactic and clinical hours, assignments will be made to various other services in the hospital to help broaden medical knowledge. Residents must attend all assignments, including those that occur on weekends and/or at night.

A rotational on-call for evenings and weekends has been established for the Dental Office and the hospital's Emergency Department. When they are called, residents must see all patients who present themselves to the emergency department. Judgment for treatment can be made at that time, or an attending may be called for consultation.

Patients are accepted for dental care, from diagnosis and treatment planning through final restorative procedures.