Good idea or bad idea to write to the big 4?

Started by vpannu
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

vpannu

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hello everyone,
i was wondering if it would be a bad idea or a good idea to get some guidance from the big 4 schools themselves on how to fix myself seeing how i still need to take the MCAT repeat certain courses like Ochem 3rd qtr because I got a D in it. If i just lay everything out for them can they tell me where to fix my flaws so that i'll be more competitive candidate? Thanks!


Vinny
 
hello everyone,
i was wondering if it would be a bad idea or a good idea to get some guidance from the big 4 schools themselves on how to fix myself seeing how i still need to take the MCAT repeat certain courses like Ochem 3rd qtr because I got a D in it. If i just lay everything out for them can they tell me where to fix my flaws so that i'll be more competitive candidate? Thanks!


Vinny

Very good idea.
 
Have you thought about a counseling interview w/ your nearest medical school's chair of admissions? That's what I did. And, I recieved a lot of useful, individualized information.