good interview questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MikeSD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what are some questions you guys asked at the end of your interview?

Members don't see this ad.

1. Why not send a guaranteed admission and full scholarship to increase your chance of being selected by me? Why not do it right now?

Members don't see this ad :)

It's always good to ask questions about the eye - I remember I asked about what causes those flashes when you rub your eyes. It also doesn't hurt to ask about your interviewer's background, i.e. where did they get their optometry degree, why did they choose optometry, etc.

A tip on the side - don't forget to obtain your interviewer's email so you can thank them for the interview...it may help you, but it won't definitely be any harm.

I asked the interviewer if they would tell me more about the research activity that goes on at the school. I already had an idea of the kind of research that was done there, so I was able to talk about it intelligently. This question worked out well because it gave the interviewer a chance to boast about the school some more.

^ditto, most schools have done some kind of research that they can be proud of and the profs will go to town once u ask them about the research that goes on that they're probably involved in too.