Good journals for submitting ENT case studies

Started by singmed15
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

singmed15

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to get the advice of those of you involved in research. Without delving too much into the details, I'm an M1 interested in submitting a case report relevant to ENT (it involves the nose, if that's helpful).

I don't have much prior experience with case reports, but understand that many journals don't really accept/encourage case reports anymore as they're not seen as being all that helpful to broader clinical practice. I also understand that this is not a universally held opinion, and that some journals are perfectly fine with case reports. I just wanted to get some notion of what ENT journals it would be a good idea looking into for trying to submit a case report, and hear out any suggestions or tips you may have on how to tailor my report best for these journals.

I know there are similar threads regarding other specialties, but I couldn't find one on this forum specific to ENT. If I missed such a thread, please link me to it and I'll be on my way. Thanks!
 
This isn't a decision you need to make. Just talk to the attending you're working with and see what journal they want to submit to.
 
There's a journal called Case Studies of Otolaryngology. Publisher is Riwan, I think.