Good luck all... (week of May 14th)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Depakote

Pediatric Anesthesiologist
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
May 15th is tomorrow. Good luck everybody.
Think happy thoughts.
Here are some puppies.

Puppy%20Pile_thumb.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks! I am REALLY looking forward to May 15 and hoping for some massive withdrawals, so that I can actually get off one of my wait lists and go to med school this fall.

GOOD LUCK to everyone who is hanging on to a wait list or wait lists! :oops:)

Those puppies are really cute!

Here's hoping that I get off the waitlist!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm planning on sending a couple of boxes of those to the schools that I am waitlisted at. If that doesn't work, they must have no hearts.

Here's to hoping I get off one of two waitlists. Good luck everyone! :luck:

:luck::luck::luck:good luck to everyone (including me, lol):luck::luck::luck:

This is going to be a long long week.

This is going to be a long long week.

hang in there!! think of the puppies :laugh:

i'm not WL yet but i feel like tomorrow's a big day for those of us who interviewed late, too.

:luck:good luck!:luck:

Will things move quickly starting tomorrow? I got the impressions that the waitlist would be more of a June/July thing.

Maybe I'm just a glass half empty kind of girl.

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

We all definitely need some distractions this week. I woke up nauseated and worry I will feel this way all week (I'm actually waiting for the first decision on my file - either acceptance or waitlist - and then maybe more waiting for me). Feeling sick all week would especially suck since I'm going to a very expensive dinner for my roommates b-day tonight. And spending $50 to throw up would upset me.

Anyway, we all need lots of good threads on SDN and maybe lots of chocolate or something to make us happy.

I hope none of us have to wait too long. We're anal retentive enough to be on this site in the first place - everyone here deserves to be in med school!

So if we are holding multiple acceptances, is the last day to tell them today (14th) or tomorrow (15th)? Not sure if deadline means "not including this day" or "including this day"

So if we are holding multiple acceptances, is the last day to tell them today (14th) or tomorrow (15th)? Not sure if deadline means "not including this day" or "including this day"

Good question. I would say get rid of it today just to be safe so you're not harrassed by any schools tommorow. Want to make sure its processed before schools go after you.

Will 1 more day really help make up your mind?

Members don't see this ad :)
:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

We all definitely need some distractions this week. I woke up nauseated and worry I will feel this way all week (I'm actually waiting for the first decision on my file - either acceptance or waitlist - and then maybe more waiting for me). Feeling sick all week would especially suck since I'm going to a very expensive dinner for my roommates b-day tonight. And spending $50 to throw up would upset me.

Anyway, we all need lots of good threads on SDN and maybe lots of chocolate or something to make us happy.

I hope none of us have to wait too long. We're anal retentive enough to be on this site in the first place - everyone here deserves to be in med school!

i'm feeling the same way. i had a great weekend, free of worry, because i knew nothing happens on weekends...but as soon as i woke up this morning, i started to feel sick with worry. AND, i also hit a new low: i started crying on the subway to work because i was so anxious -- SERIOUSLY? i'm not a crier, this is just absurd.

so anyway, i am really praying for all of us -- GOOD LUCK!!!

i am waiting too...
along with taking three finals. I hope i can make it in this year...
so sleepy :sleep:

Feeling sick all week would especially suck since I'm going to a very expensive dinner for my roommates b-day tonight. And spending $50 to throw up would upset me.

That's how I felt about sending in each secondary application. :)

so, what DOES happen if you don't withdraw from all but one school by the 15th? Do they send the med school police to come to your door and arrest you? Do they call you and ask you what the deal is? Do they just drop you off their list? I've already withdrawn from all my school, but I'm just curious.

so, what DOES happen if you don't withdraw from all but one school by the 15th? Do they send the med school police to come to your door and arrest you? Do they call you and ask you what the deal is? Do they just drop you off their list? I've already withdrawn from all my school, but I'm just curious.

Basically AMCAS just no longer protects you and they can do what they wish. Before there were limits on deposits required, response times, etc.

After the 15th these are gone and schools can get nasty. They can require a binding intent to register faxed to them in a matter of hours or they'll drop you, they can require huge deposits with little or no turn around time. They can basically do whatever they wish to bully you into making a choice and can drop your acceptance if you don't decide.

i've heard that the amcas secret police checks their list. If you are still on two or more lists, they come to your house and you magically disappear.

i've heard that the amcas secret police checks their list. If you are still on two or more lists, they come to your house and you magically disappear.
Yikes. I guess I will be eating luch OUT!:laugh:

Why isn't there an emoticon with his fingers crossed? Good luck everyone!

Yikes. I guess I will be eating luch OUT!:laugh:

yeah and if they miss you while you are out, they just forward all of your personal details (i.e. where you sleep, where you eat lunch) to those who are on the waitlists at your schools.....

Why isn't there an emoticon with his fingers crossed? Good luck everyone!
Hows this!:beat: After doing that to the horse the smiley will be crossing his fingers that he is not arrested for animal cruelty!:laugh:

yeah and if they miss you while you are out, they just forward all of your personal details (i.e. where you sleep, where you eat lunch) to those who are on the waitlists at your schools.....
Now that would be impossible to avoid! Those people are maniacs.:laugh:

I know this may not be the right thread/forum.

Good luck to all you guys still on Waitlists.

I'll be retaking the MCAT on Wednesday I could use some luck!!! :luck:

puppies!!!

good luck everyone!! hang in there!