Good Luck with Finals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dgroulx

Night Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my first one tonight (pharmacogenomics), even though finals week doesn't start until Saturday. My last one is on Dec 15th.

Good luck to everyone and study hard.

Members don't see this ad.

Finals finished for Nova this past Friday- glad they are over. Now I have a month off!!

Good Luck to everyone still in finals. :luck:

LBS615 said:
Finals finished for Nova this past Friday- glad they are over. Now I have a month off!!

Good Luck to everyone still in finals. :luck:
My finals don't start until Monday the 12th...I can't wait until they're over. 24 days of freedom!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to need some good luck!! I'm quickly running out of "mental" energy! LOL

btw, Dana, how is that pharmacogenomics class? Interesting? Difficult? etc

pharmagirl said:
I'm going to need some good luck!! I'm quickly running out of "mental" energy! LOL

btw, Dana, how is that pharmacogenomics class? Interesting? Difficult? etc

There's a lot of memorizing of what gene does what, or what drug's response is affected by a change in gene XYZ. At least they aren't making us memorize each polymorphism found in every gene.

I found the class interesting. I enjoyed genetics during undergrad and it is nice to see it being put to another use besides nailing criminals.

We've looked at mutations in receptors and how they affect drug response, mutations in metabolizing proteins that can cause increased toxicity to certain drugs, specific transporter protein mutations, a couple of genetic disease states, genetic testing and a few other things.

dgroulx said:
There's a lot of memorizing of what gene does what, or what drug's response is affected by a change in gene XYZ. At least they aren't making us memorize each polymorphism found in every gene.

I found the class interesting. I enjoyed genetics during undergrad and it is nice to see it being put to another use besides nailing criminals.

We've looked at mutations in receptors and how they affect drug response, mutations in metabolizing proteins that can cause increased toxicity to certain drugs, specific transporter protein mutations, a couple of genetic disease states, genetic testing and a few other things.

Does sound like an interesting class! It's being added as a separate class at my school whereas it used to be combined into kinetics/pharmacology.

My finals are ending next week. Lets host a drinking party online. . .

One beer or shot for every class that you pass with a C and above.
Two beers or shots for every class that you pass with a D
Four beers or shots for every class that you have to drop or fail.
Two additional beers or shots for every class you have to take because of a class that you fail.

Bonus Beer or Shot if you are happy that the semester is over.

I am finished with my first semester of pharmacy school and I am still alive. Although barely. Alas, I am going to go sleep until Jan 6th. Goodnight all!

vafcarrot said:
I am finished with my first semester of pharmacy school and I am still alive. Although barely. Alas, I am going to go sleep until Jan 6th. Goodnight all!
:laugh: My thoughts exactly after the first semester.

My last final was yesterday and I don't go back until January 9th.

Of course, they are going to be posting assignments for us to work on that are due on our day back.

Our finals were over last Wednesday morning the 14th. I love this year! The other classes don't finish theirs until the 22nd or 23rd.

dgroulx said:

You can thank me and UB for getting genomics part of the ACPE accredidation cirriculum :p :D

npage148 said:
You can thank me and UB for getting genomics part of the ACPE accredidation cirriculum :p :D
i'm just glad we don't have it!

npage148 said:

Thank you! I got an A. (I love genetics)

Actually, i liked the class alot too. It was real interesting and even though genomics is hardly ever used I learned some pretty cool and important stuff. Plus alot of it was a repeat from AP biology so i got a nice 1/3 semster review going over the basic biochem and mendelian genetic part I liked it a whole lot more than therapeutics

dgroulx said:
My last final was yesterday and I don't go back until January 9th.

Of course, they are going to be posting assignments for us to work on that are due on our day back.
I can't believe that they are doing that to you (Christmas homework!)-- what a bunch of jackasses.

Shoot. I forgot that we also have homework (careplan evaluations and review of hyperlipidemia and hypertension) to do that is due the first day back from winter break. It's like being in elementary school. :laugh:

Great job, everyone--Now, enjoy your time off and re-charge your batteries for next year!