good math practice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ffpickle

Thread Killer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
the hartcourt's tests seemed to have the hardest math sections (vs. kaplan, cliffs, barron's). since i've already done the hartcourt tests, i'm looking for other equally challenging quantitative sections...any suggestions?/

Members don't see this ad.

Seriously, those harcourt QA questions were difficult. I remember the actual PCAT being slightly less difficult, but not by much. I am looking for a quick review also now.

I thought the Harcourt were the most similar to the real PCAT. The Kaplan book, although good in other sections including Bio and Chem, was pretty worthless for Quantitative - the problems were extremely easy and not at all representative of the exam. Also, there is still a geometry section in the Kaplan book and I don't recall much, if any geometry on the real pcat. If you're doing well on the Harcourt exams, then you're probably prepared. If you want to review some more, maybe do some problems from your precalc and/or calc texts. Also, just try to make sure you're doing the problems quickly - you need to work fast to finish all the questions. That being said, some are very easy and require 5 seconds while others require significantly more time - my advice is to skip around so that you get as many of the easy questions done first so you rack up points and then go back and do the more time-consuming problems. Good luck!