Good Microbiology Reference?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm B

HansomWare
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
We're taking Microbiology this year, and the lectures are about as entertaining as watching paint dry. :smuggrin:

What should we take out of this class? I thought we'd be going over the various bugs out there, classifying them, how to attack them, etc, but apparently that's going to be the focus of our ID class.

Also, can anyone recommend a good reference that teaches micro in plain english? I took it in undergrad, but it's been years and it would appear I pumped and dumped that info. :)

Members don't see this ad.

We're taking Microbiology this year, and the lectures are about as entertaining as watching paint dry. :smuggrin:

What should we take out of this class? I thought we'd be going over the various bugs out there, classifying them, how to attack them, etc, but apparently that's going to be the focus of our ID class.

Also, can anyone recommend a good reference that teaches micro in plain english? I took it in undergrad, but it's been years and it would appear I pumped and dumped that info. :)

"Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple"

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Brock Biology of Microorganisms

It's depressing living in a city with only one major book store. :(

Well, that's what the internet is for! I think physical bookstores are a dying breed, for better or for worse.

Brock Biology of Microorganisms

I'll check it out. Thanks.

Well, that's what the internet is for! I think physical bookstores are a dying breed, for better or for worse.

I love the brick and mortar book store. Half Price Books is my favorite store in the world for everything except brand new books. It's kinda nice to buy a book on bn.com and head to the store and pick it up. Our B&N doesn't have this book, though. Probably 80 copies of each Twilight book though. :rolleyes: :smuggrin:

amazon.com is the best! i buy so many books through them. Also great because alot are available used on the amazon marketplace which saves lots of money and only $4 shipping usually. sometimes a seller will be included in the over $25 free shipping thing amazon does.

amazon.com is the best! i buy so many books through them. Also great because alot are available used on the amazon marketplace which saves lots of money and only $4 shipping usually. sometimes a seller will be included in the over $25 free shipping thing amazon does.

I'm waiting...