Good Pharm resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perrotfish

Has an MD in Horribleness
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a 4th year medical student, about to start residency, and pharm is definitely a major weakness for me (and, from my observations, for a lot of physicians). Since you're the experts I thought I would ask you guys: what do you think are the best resources for learning and memorizing pharmacology. I don't mean reference texts (uptodate works fine for that) but rather online lectures, podcasts, flash cards, textbooks and review books of reasonable length, and most of all question books/qbanks. I'm going into Pediatrics, so anything infectious disease related would be especially helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

I like flashcardexchange.com a lot! I can often find card sets that mostly cover what I want to study without having to make them. Additionally a lot of apps are compatible with the site to download to your mobile.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also like pharmacy charts. They even sent me a free OTC guide. He also "liked" an article I wrote. I don't know the guy behind it, but I bet he is cool. :)

I'm a 4th year medical student, about to start residency, and pharm is definitely a major weakness for me (and, from my observations, for a lot of physicians). Since you're the experts I thought I would ask you guys: what do you think are the best resources for learning and memorizing pharmacology. I don't mean reference texts (uptodate works fine for that) but rather online lectures, podcasts, flash cards, textbooks and review books of reasonable length, and most of all question books/qbanks. I'm going into Pediatrics, so anything infectious disease related would be especially helpful.

I am in a similar situation as you. I have been using pharmacology recall and it has helped: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0781787300/ref=nosim/studentdoctor-20

I need a quick review for my ambulatory care rotation. Any suggestions?

I also like pharmacy charts. They even sent me a free OTC guide. He also "liked" an article I wrote. I don't know the guy behind it, but I bet he is cool. :)

Can you tell me how did you get a free OTC guide?