Good plaecs for rads externships?

Started by Ruban
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ruban

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm contemplating doing a rads externship, since my school lacks a rads department. I've heard that it's harder to find a good rads externship than it is to find a good clinical externship (e.g. medicine, surg), so I'd love to hear any recs on good places to do externships. I've heard good things about UCSF. Any others?
Thanks! :luck:
 
Depends. Do you want a big name? or do you want good training?

The big names (if thats what you are looking for) are the Boston programs, UCSF, Michigan, Malinkrodt, U Washington and some others.

Great training programs are all over (both in terms of location and overall percieved ranking).

Ask some of the faculty in your department where they think would be a good place for you to rotate.