rjhtamu

Stargazer Royale
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2001
Houston, Tx
Visit site
Status
I'm looking for either a program (for pda) or website where you can plug in multiple symptoms a patient is complaining of and it will pop out a list of the most likely differentials. Very simily to how GeneClinics works, where you put in a list of all the abnormalities in a patient and it pops out likely Genetic conditions for you to persue. I have Diagnosaurus, but as far as I know, you only select one complaint to general the DDX. I would like to be able to cross check several if that's possible. Any suggestions?

putzeled

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
Status
rjhtamu said:
I'm looking for either a program (for pda) or website where you can plug in multiple symptoms a patient is complaining of and it will pop out a list of the most likely differentials. Very simily to how GeneClinics works, where you put in a list of all the abnormalities in a patient and it pops out likely Genetic conditions for you to persue. I have Diagnosaurus, but as far as I know, you only select one complaint to general the DDX. I would like to be able to cross check several if that's possible. Any suggestions?
While interviewing at OSU-COM they showed us several point of care databases that handle a lot of what your talking about. I'm sure that other schools also have access to these. This link shows an informational page on them http://www.healthsciences.okstate.edu/medlibrary/index.html

doc05

2K Member
15+ Year Member
May 24, 2003
U.S.A.
Visit site
Status
rjhtamu said:
wow what a stupid idea. one of the intellectual challenges in medicine is making a diagnosis despite a confusing history/physical. there's no way you'll learn medicine if you have a computer do everything for you.

OP
R

rjhtamu

Stargazer Royale
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2001
Houston, Tx
Visit site
Status
Hey doc05, get off your highhorse, I'm not asking for something to do the job for me. I like figuring out things for myself. I'm just asking to see if something is available for the occasional reference and self checking. You can't learn anything if you don't have things to guide you.

MaloCCOM

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 31, 2002
www.thealo.com
Status
you can get the free diagnosaurus for your palm. you click on the symptoms and it gives you a differential. it's free too!! But very cool.

debvz

Wandering Spleen
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
rjhtamu said:
Its not for pda, but emedicine has one. I believe registration for the site is free. Its good for in-depth reading on specific topics in the differential.

http://www.emedicine.com/diagnosis.shtml

deb