Good programs with molar endo/extractions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

puncho

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like the title says, what's some good programs that offer lots of molar endo (with rotary) and surgical extractions?

Hopefully looking into the west coast or illinois programs but if anyone has experience elsewhere, would be happy to hear about it. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i'm interested in the same topic for GPR/AEGDs as well. and by 'a lot' i'd say a program where surgery and/or molar endo is stressed the most... or maybe programs where they let the resident decide where they want the most exposure and allow them to tailor their patients as they desire.

Members don't see this ad :)
Although I did not attend a GPR or AEGD, I have heard you get a lot of good experience at the GPR at UNM in Albuquerque, NM.

Yeah looking at GPR/AEGDs.

Like vize said, basically where they focus attention/known to do a lot of endos/extractions.

Yeah looking at GPR/AEGDs.

Like vize said, basically where they focus attention/known to do a lot of endos/extractions.

You may want to consider a VA program. I had an interview at the Detroit VA and the director was saying they have so much endo coming through that they have to refer some out. I've heard that you get a TON of experience at VAs (endo, crown, bridge, removable, implants).

You may want to consider a VA program.

Another reason to heavily consider a VA is the medical management education. You will feel very comfortable treating sick patients once you're done at one.

Thanks, I have heard of good things about VAs and briefly went over them.

I looked a bit into the chicago VA and people weren't too impressed with it.

All the good things people have said here about VA GPR's are true. I did one last year (Indianapolis), and it was an excellent experience.

You should look into the VA in San Antonio. They get some good experience in just about everything. The only downfall.. it's really competitive. Another program that not many people know about is the VA in temple, TX also pretty well rounded with some across the board experience.

Thanks, I'll check out those texas ones...that'd be an interesting place to live, I think.

You should check it out. It's Texas. I'm not sure if it's an "interesting" place to live. If you are looking for "interesting" you should move to San Francisco. If you want good training you should move to the south.