good schools for neuropsych and gre/phd

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsyD4me

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Here's my situation. I'm applying to grad schools again and I'm about 70 percent sure that I would like to do neuropsych.
Here is my dilemna- I am sure taht I want to get a PsyD and none of the schools around me (I am bound to the area) are ideal for goign into neuropsych. More specifically they are all geared more towards therapy.
(GW and Loyola). I really would rather not go to Argosy b/c of things I've heard about their program, so I am kinda stuck. Does anyone know of anyone that went to a more therapy focused program and then maybe supplemented their coursework to get more neuro classes from other schools? (phd courses as a nonmatriculated student)? Is it even worth it? I've even been told that If I am sure I want to do neuropsych, not to consider the above programs at all-but again I am stuck in this area so they are my only options.

The reason I'm not considering PhD programs are b/c of the research and b/c of my GRE's (Math 590, Verbal 420 :eek: , though I will have 3 yrs of neuropysch testing experience.

Any advice plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Members don't see this ad.