1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Good setup in terms of Books

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Dr2010, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Dr2010

Dr2010 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey everyone,

so I'm gettin ready to purchase my books to start preparing for the test, heres what I have so far, in addition to a PR course Im beginning in April. PS. this is for the august administration.

EK 5 Vol. Complete Study Package (6th Edition)

EK 101 VR Passages Book

EK Complete Biology Review Book

Ek Complete Physics Review Book

I'm good for chem, and therefore will not be purchasing a book for it, my class materials have prepared me well enough.

Also, any advice on what books to add or how to approach a study plan for this test before I start the class and while I am enrolled in the class would be really awesome, thanks and merry christmas

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    EK bio and phys review books come in the study package.

Are you talking about EK 1001 for Bio and Phys?

4. Lindyhopper

Lindyhopper Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I don't want to spend your money for you but a good addition would be the Auto Osmosis CDs. The teaching is really good & pretty funny. They're an especially good addition if one drives alot. I ended up listening when I normally would listen to the radio,

5. Dr2010

Dr2010 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Thanks Brett, I didnt know they came with the study package. I wasnt talking about the 1001 books, but the review ones. Maybe Ill pick up the 1001 instead since they come with the 5 vol set. Do you know what else comes with the 5 vol set, amazon is pretty darn vague.

THanks for the advice lindy, hopefully if I manage to get some more cash I might be able to afford it, but as of now not yet!

6. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown

Resident [Any Field]
    Bio 1001 I hear is worth picking up since it is passage based. Verbal 101 is a must.

7. Dr2010

Dr2010 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    thanks alot, just ordered 4 books (Complete Ek Study package, VR 101, Bio 1001, and Physics 1001) that came in just under $200 dollars, and with that the tally of expenses has begun...it ain't lookin pretty

8. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown

Resident [Any Field]
    $200 vs. $1500 Kaplan is decent savings.