1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Good setup in terms of Books

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by Dr2010, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Dr2010

Dr2010 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey everyone,

so I'm gettin ready to purchase my books to start preparing for the test, heres what I have so far, in addition to a PR course Im beginning in April. PS. this is for the august administration.

EK 5 Vol. Complete Study Package (6th Edition)

EK 101 VR Passages Book

EK Complete Biology Review Book

Ek Complete Physics Review Book

I'm good for chem, and therefore will not be purchasing a book for it, my class materials have prepared me well enough.

Also, any advice on what books to add or how to approach a study plan for this test before I start the class and while I am enrolled in the class would be really awesome, thanks and merry christmas

2. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    EK bio and phys review books come in the study package.

Are you talking about EK 1001 for Bio and Phys?

3. Lindyhopper

Lindyhopper Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I don't want to spend your money for you but a good addition would be the Auto Osmosis CDs. The teaching is really good & pretty funny. They're an especially good addition if one drives alot. I ended up listening when I normally would listen to the radio,

4. Dr2010

Dr2010 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Thanks Brett, I didnt know they came with the study package. I wasnt talking about the 1001 books, but the review ones. Maybe Ill pick up the 1001 instead since they come with the 5 vol set. Do you know what else comes with the 5 vol set, amazon is pretty darn vague.

THanks for the advice lindy, hopefully if I manage to get some more cash I might be able to afford it, but as of now not yet!

5. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown

Resident [Any Field]
    Bio 1001 I hear is worth picking up since it is passage based. Verbal 101 is a must.

6. Dr2010

Dr2010 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    thanks alot, just ordered 4 books (Complete Ek Study package, VR 101, Bio 1001, and Physics 1001) that came in just under $200 dollars, and with that the tally of expenses has begun...it ain't lookin pretty

7. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown

Resident [Any Field]
    $200 vs. $1500 Kaplan is decent savings.