"good"stats for a competetive applicant

Started by nikefan13
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nikefan13

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What would you consider to be "good" stats in order to get accepted to pharmacy school?
 
It really depends on the specific school (s) you are applying to.

If I had to just throw out some numbers.... Competitive to me would mean 3.5+GPA, 85%tile+ on PCAT and lots of experience and extracurricular activities.

Of course, keep in mind again that all schools are different and that you can get in with much lower stats.
 
I just came from the UF Orlando campus orientation. They consider competitive about a 3.3-3.7 GPA, at least a 88% PCAT, and pharmacy experience with good LORs.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Getting into a pharmacy school is becoming more and more competitive. I hope that it will not eventually become like Medical school admission. 🙄
 
nikefan13 said:
What would you consider to be "good" stats in order to get accepted to pharmacy school?

Good stats for getting in: 4.0gpa, 99%PCAT

My advice: in addition to studying and trying your best is - stop worrying about stats and worry about your extracurriculars, personal statement, and interview.
 
Fermata said:
Pharmacists don't get paid enough for that to happen yet.


I don't know about that. Considering the years Pharmacists have to put in verses those of M.D.s and the skyrocketing premiums for malpractice insurance, any OB/GYN might agree that pharmacists have a pretty sweet deal.

I'm taking a Social Health Factor course at my school and it really has opened my eyes to the erosion of our current health care system. It was nice to find out though that 68% of people in america trust pharmacists. (Dr's are trusted by 86% for comparison).

I'd also like to say my wife and I have now been raising our newborn baby for 5 weeks. (So that's why I disappeared so fast!) She's 10lbs. and 22 1/4 inches.