Good Stress Relievers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baylormed

On the Search
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys do to relieve application stress....I hate filling out paperwork, so I'm a wreck now that I have to sit down (I have a short attention span and don't like to stay put for long periods of time) and fill out AMCAS and TMDSAS, and write essays which aren't even finished yet (I can't concentrate enough, or nothing seems good enough). I'm also running out of money, and I haven't found a job yet, and even if I find one I have no means of transportation (hello, public bus!, but they SUCK in my hometown, meaning they're not reliable, always late, etc..I used to take them during high school).
I just brushed off my dad because he was hovering over me looking at what I was doing, and I absolutely hate it. I love to be left alone when I'm working....now I feel bad.
Oh, did I mention I'm at home and I get more distracted??

:confused: Sometimes I wonder when the paperwork will end in life (answer: NEVER).

Members don't see this ad.

If I need a long break I go climbing, if I only have enough time for a short break and can't leave the computer I watch climbing videos online, oh, and read SDN.

baylormed said:
What do you guys do to relieve application stress....I hate filling out paperwork, so I'm a wreck now that I have to sit down (I have a short attention span and don't like to stay put for long periods of time) and fill out AMCAS and TMDSAS, and write essays which aren't even finished yet (I can't concentrate enough, or nothing seems good enough). I'm also running out of money, and I haven't found a job yet, and even if I find one I have no means of transportation (hello, public bus!, but they SUCK in my hometown, meaning they're not reliable, always late, etc..I used to take them during high school).
I just brushed off my dad because he was hovering over me looking at what I was doing, and I absolutely hate it. I love to be left alone when I'm working....now I feel bad.
Oh, did I mention I'm at home and I get more distracted??

:confused: Sometimes I wonder when the paperwork will end in life (answer: NEVER).

This is going to sound lame, but I've found that being outside is nice. I assume you're doing all this paperwork indoors, and although I'm no outdoor girl, I find it quite relaxing to take a stroll through the park, which I did yesterday. There were a number of cute ducks and turtles and it was just the most beautiful day and I could go on and on. If you are from Texas and want to take a trip, I'd recommend going tubing down the Guadalupe in New Braunfels or San Marcos... I went for the first time a couple weeks ago and it was just amazing... the most relaxing thing ever!

PS. I hate applications too.. is it just me or is the personal statement hard to write? I know why I want to be a doctor but I cannot articulate it just quite right..

Members don't see this ad :)
lol i'm surprised no one has posted masturbation yet....either the maturity of this board is far superior to mine or this post is just relatively new.

In any event, I play the guitar when I'm stressed/need a study break. It's pretty easy to chill when strummin some jack johnson :cool: That, or I like to run/work out. :thumbup:

lol i'm surprised no one has posted masturbation yet....either the maturity of this board is far superior to mine or this post is just relatively new.

I recommend sex.

riff raff said:

In any event, I play the guitar when I'm stressed/need a study break. It's pretty easy to chill when strummin some jack johnson :cool: That, or I like to run/work out. :thumbup:

Palmela Handerson?

Last edited:
Roller Coasters, being able to just yell at the top of your lungs while your vestibular system goes crazy seems to just melt away the stress for me.

Dropkick has def found the right one. Sex is the best.

GasGuy2010 said:
Dropkick has def found the right one. Sex is the best.
Sadly, given the mandate from my current girlfriend (whom I love dearly) that she isn't losing her virginity until I put a ring on her finger, I've had to take up other stress relieving hobbies.....such as using excessive firepower to hunt small woodland creatures. Example: squirrel hunting with a .30-06. :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
basketball and/or masturbation. depends on my mood.

CptCrunch said:
Hopefully not at the same time.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm guessing most of the people on this thread are guys then?

juiceman311 said:
im pretty talented

OMG, what has my thread become??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

:laugh: You guys are funny. :laugh:

I wasnt joking. If I need a break, I'll go shoot around, whether it's a basketball or my load, depends on the way I feel.

DropkickMurphy said:
I recommend sex.
I second that. ;)

(but if your like dropkickmurphy, just rub one off :smuggrin: )

juiceman311 said:
basketball and/or masturbation. depends on my mood.
We can tell by your username.

DropkickMurphy said:
Sadly, given the mandate from my current girlfriend (whom I love dearly) that she isn't losing her virginity until I put a ring on her finger, I've had to take up other stress relieving hobbies.....such as using excessive firepower to hunt small woodland creatures. Example: squirrel hunting with a .30-06. :smuggrin:

This is why dropkick is sex obsessed. I'm sorry for you.

riff raff said:

Cool, I like to wail on my guitar too. Usually I play Rage Against the machines to relieve some anger until some neighbor yells at me to stop :laugh:

I would say just take a nap. If you have too much energy, do something that will drain that energy like running or riding a bike.

I like to exercise, read something NON-scientific for a change, or cook. Just find a good hobby for you and burn off that steam! You'll be glad you did!

Guess what?

I've rediscovered Harry Potter. Yes, I am five years old.

I've also started a new project, I'm buying many pretty flowers and decorating the garden...so far, my dahlias are blossoming wonderfully.
Thanks guys!

baylormed said:
Guess what?

I've rediscovered Harry Potter. Yes, I am five years old.

I've also started a new project, I'm buying many pretty flowers and decorating the garden...so far, my dahlias are blossoming wonderfully.
Thanks guys!

LOL That's exactly what I've been doing! I'm into hybrid lilies though... :p